Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hoping to Test soon

So my sweetheart has been studying for the FSOT for months now.  Every day he reads the current events, glances at the maps hanging in our office and studies either American History, English,or Economics.  This month the plan is to take some timed essays and have someone look over his written work.

This week invitations to take the test will be going out.  His career track is Consular so they will be the third group to receive an invitation.  I would honestly be surprised if he didn't get an invitation simply because he has been invited once in the past before he had graduated.  Hopefully the State Department still likes him.

In little over a month we'll find out if he passed the test and if he'll be invited to continue on this process.

What have I thought about the process so far?  I hate that he's studying all the time.  I know that it will pay off in the end but at the same time I like being able to do things with him in the evenings after our children have gone to bed.  In the mean time I have been lurking at multiple FS blogs, reading about their adventures and getting excited to experience new things.  I will be disappointed if this path doesn't work out for us.  I naturally always go over board with thinking about how things could be.  I plan, read and mentally prepare myself but with that comes huge depressing disappointment.

Come what may and love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment