Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Baby's Room reveal!

This past week I have wanted nothing more than to reveal my new baby's room! After a lot of work (over several months before bed rest) and a HUGE thank you to my sweetheart for all the hard work the past few weeks, I believe this room is near completion!

Before the reveal, some before pictures from when we looked at the house last year.

Little Boys room with a car theme with blue walls.


Every closet in this house has some nice built-ins, except for this one.

Introducing Lucy's Room!

One thing that I wished is that I could get the photos to look exactly how I see it in the room. These photos don't do this room any justice! I started this room by finding the perfect bedding. I love the blue and purple together! The sheets and curtains have a paisley & flower print in them which gave me the inspiration to accent with flowers. I did paint the walls a different shade of blue that matches the blue in the bedding.

Curtains which I made from a queen size duvet that I found on eBay! Rocking chair was used in Olivia's room as a baby. I decided to cover the chair with a King size white sheet and accent with the purple crib quilt and a pillow that I'll use for nursing. The only thing missing here is a lamp and clock. (I still haven't found one that I like!)


A view of the crib and new artwork.


I LOVED the butterfly stamp pictures that I made for Olivia's nursery and decided to do something similar but with flower stamps from all over the world!

Inside view of the crib with the paisley sheets.

Above the changing table (Which I love by the way. People told me it would be a waste of money and I used it with every diaper change with Olivia!) is a white shelf that I painted, letters of the baby's name and below that this 8x8 framed picture. I found some pressed flowers in my craft things and knew that it would be perfect for this room.

A small view of white flowers that I painted.


Since this was the only closet in the house without any built-in shelves, Eduardo was determined to build some. I was more than happy to organize them!


I picked up the white fabric baskets at Ikea and knew they needed pretty tags to keep everything in order.


And for fun, just a tease of the beautiful blessing dress my mom picked up for the baby. The fun thing about this dress is that it is roughly 150 years old!




Linking up to Kimba's DIY Day.

9 comments:

  1. I love it! I love the name you guys selected! I can't wait to pick out a gift for baby Lucy and a big sister gift for Livy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicol, its beautiful..when are you due, in a few weeks, right??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her name. That's Peaches' middle name - we've kept it going for four generations.

    I also love the IKEA boxes. It reminds me that Peaches' cupboards are long overdue some organisation. I'd better get me to IKEA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! Love the colors and those framed stamps are perfect!

    Everyone told me I didn't need the changing table either...it was one of the most used pieces I had...loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there Nicole....I'm so excited for you! It's a lovely room.

    btw...thanks for the twitter follow. back at ya..

    blessings...lylah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! It's gorgeous, I love it! You did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete