Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Winter Blues

How I would love if this was a fun post about some decorating tip for the winter. I love blue and it would be lovely to have some nook looking magical with faux snow and ice. But this post is about the other winter blue.

I have always had a hard time during the winter months and for some reason this year is really getting to me, especially on cold gloomy days like today. I can't seem to figure out why this year would be harder. My only explanation is that I am living in a new house that doesn't feel like my own yet.

I literally have to drag myself out of bed each morning and simply have no desire to do anything. Later in the day I get down on myself for all the things I could have done but didn't. Let me ask you, how do you beat the winter blues?

I just starting adding some additional vitamins to my one a day multi after reading about Vitamin D deficiency and I am looking into a Litebook. I hope to feel some major difference soon!

Another way that I am trying to tackle the winter blues, is by spending my time with this cute kid. We had a fun snowy afternoon on Monday. I look forward to the spring when Livy will be able to enjoy her house better.




Inside her house in the back yard. I love that smile!




6 comments:

  1. When the weather warms us she is going to love spending lots of time in her playhouse...Kisses for my girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you wrote about feeling that way. I kind of thought I was the only one. You made me feel better. It doesn't snow here, but the days have been really rainy and dreary. I've heard of light therapy before and have even considered going and laying in a tanning bed for 2 minutes to get some light. (I have never been to a tanning bed because I feel like it's a cancer oven, but a girl can get desperate for warmth and sunshine) Most days I don't want to get up for work, I could just stay bundled up and under blankets. Let me know how the vitamin D works for you, I might just have to try it. Olivia is so gorgeous! What a sweet face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your Blues...I've got them too! I just can't get motivated to do anything. I think everyone goes through this after the holidays...plus Jan. is such a cold and LONG month!

    Love you decorating nook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love her house - she is adorable in that bright, colorful snowsuit! I have trouble being motivated, too! I just keep on tryin' to keep on:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just drew your name for my giveaway. Email me your address and I'll try to get it in the mail before I go on my trip (it might have to wait until I get back, though).

    ReplyDelete
  6. have you heard of seasonal affective disorder? (aka-SAD) essentially, you get sad during the winter! i think it has something to do with getting less sunlight in wintertime and internal clocks. but it's completely normal! they say if you use brighter lights, you may feel a little better.

    ReplyDelete