Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Holiday Nook

I simply can't decorate my entire house for each holiday. So that I can have a little holiday cheer whether for Valentines, Independence Day or Thanksgiving, I have a small area that I will decorate for each holiday.

The view from the front door. It is a small area and I plan to keep it simple. There is a lot going on in this room, especially with the dust-trap plant shelf above it.

Aren't those fun decorations! I can't tell you how many stores I went to. It seems that people don't decorate for Valentines.

The two smaller frames I will change out with various things from new embroidery, vintage cards or small prints.



The vintage Valentine that I found on the Internet. It says, I came to inquire if you found a little heart that perhaps belongs to me.

6 comments:

  1. Precious! I love the idea of a holiday nook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I like the idea of a holiday nook, too. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little space. If you are in the mood, we should stop by Tai Pan Trading. They usually have tons of Valentines items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea! I should do something like that. I really like your decorations. The quote on the vintage card is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I can't find any really good stuff around here (SC) either. Most of it is really childish and that's not what I'm looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the "candle holders" - what are they called with the hearts on them? Anyways, they're great.
    -Laurel

    ReplyDelete