Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Finally finished!

I have been slaving away on my most recent craft project. For years I have wanted to learn to embroider and this past week I finally had that opportunity. I found it to be an easy craft that seemed to occupy a lot of my time. (Maybe that is why I haven't blogged for a while!)

There is a particular wall in my living room that I plan on turning into my holiday corner. I simply can't decorate for every season for the entire house, so I am making a nook to help celebrate. Valentines is right around the corner and my latest project will be hung on the wall. I will show my holiday corner soon!

Since this was my first ever embroidery project, I turned to a GREAT website, Needle 'n Thread, with video tutorial on how to do different stitches. A perfect resource for beginners or for those wanted to improve a stitch.

10 comments:

  1. That's a great job for a first time! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super impressed! I started embroidering a pair of pillowcases about 2 years ago and only finished one, so congratulations are definitely in order. I am glad to see you blog, I have been wondering what you were up to. I like the idea of the holiday corner and I can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wanted to learn to embroider for the longest time! I keep meaning to pick it up and then something gets in the way. Thanks for the link to the website. Your project looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! And so funny that I'm venturing into embroidery for the first time as well. Although, I have yet to tackle anything other than words. I can't wait to see your holiday nook-- I have a table that is sitting bare because I didn't want to put up Valentine's stuff before Mason's birthday. And also, thanks for the website! I'm sure I'll be turning to it because this home craft thing can be kind of addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Needles and I don't go well together!!

    I have another raffle on my blog. It's ASingle Thread by Marie Bostwick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you did great for your first time...I use to play a little with that years ago...its fun!

    Can't wait to see what you do with the holiday wall...good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just noticed that you are reading "Marley and Me". It's a super good book. Enjoy and let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - that looks great! I can't wait to see your holiday decor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your progect is very sweet. I love the idea of having one area in the house to decorate instead of scatterd through out. Wonderful tip.

    ReplyDelete