Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Finding Treasure

Last night for Family Night we went Geocaching. You probably have heard of this treasure hunt that takes place all over the world. It is very similar to Letterboxing in the sense that you are given clues, in this case a GPS coordinate, and once found you get a piece of treasure. (Letterboxing you get a stamp to go into your book)

This was our first attempt and a little harder then what we thought. "Kathy" is our guide on our TomTom and she is only able to take us within a few feet of the given latitude and longitude, the rest was up to us to figure out where the box was stashed. The first box we discovered behind a cement wall and under the thick bushes. Our second attempt was a complete failure and never found the box.
Olivia with the TomTom, waiting for the prompt from "Kathy" our navigational guide.
The treasure!
Olivia and Eduardo with the token that we took from the box.

3 comments:

  1. That's fun. Sam used to go Geochaching and has taken the kids before. It's a fun family activity.


    As far as your blogpoll. I would answer "No" if it was music automatically playing and absolutely "yes" if I got to choose when I heard it.

    --I'm posting my vote here, because I wasn't sure how I should answer! ;)--

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love the picture of the treasures. Olivia looks so proud and cute with her token. Makes me want to try it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL music by the way.

    ReplyDelete