Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer Plans -- FAIL

I had all these plans for the summer.  I wanted Olivia to continue doing school-type activities before she heads out to play, but that hasn't happened.  I even made sure that I got all of the school books unpacked and put away in a place that we could use them often.  I feel guilty that we really haven't done many school-like activities, with the exception of her online preschool, since April.  We're talking about 3 MONTHS!  I can't believe it.  First it was the move and everything was being packed, then it was unpacked and now....I don't know what the excuse is this time.  Actually I do.

I had also planned on using this move as a reset time for myself.  I was going to work on new goals and really use this time to build the home life that I want for my children.  Okay, life at home certainly isn't bad by any means, but I wanted to work on some new habits and such.

Plus, it is so tempting to be able to go out our front and only door to play with several kids and have plenty of other mommies to talk to.  There is no need to stay inside and do productive things like cook, clean or school for the girls.

I need to get myself into gear, but I'm afraid that isn't going to happen soon.

Even now I think that perhaps tomorrow I can fit in a little more reading or pull out the math books.  I know that she is only entering Kindergarten in the fall, but she is reading, doing basic math and some simple spelling.  I don't want her to forget these things and have to start all over again.  I want to keep these things fresh in her mind.  It's really not too much to ask for, right?

1 comment:

  1. Learning how to walk out your front door and talk to random people is one of the HARDEST things to teach. If your kids are playing outside with new friends all summer, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete