Friday, July 20, 2012

Countdown is On!

So last night after a very emotional talk with Ed (everything is emotional right now with being pregnant), he helped me realize something.  Well actually two somethings.

First, is our LONG journey pursuing the Foreign Service.  It has always been at least 1 to 2 years out that we would have a clue if this would even be a possibility.  In my mind it seemed that it was still far off in the future and that we might not reach it.  Well Ed helped me realize that in a little over 3 months we'll know if he passes the final step.  Wow, 3 months!!  And we'll know if he is put on the register (like the job waiting list.  They go off of this when offering jobs.) after security clearance and such in roughly 6 months.  So in 6 months, I might actually know which path in life we are taking!   This made me feel so much better last night.

Second, is that this semester at the University for Ed is practically over and that means that if all goes as planned he only has 1 year of school left!  1 year!  I can totally handle 1 year!

So my countdown is on.  In 3 months we'll know if Ed passes the final step in the Foreign Service process, 6 months if he is on the FS register and about the same time I'll have a new baby, and 1 year graduation!


And for fun, here is a picture of my girls, sucking on ring pops pretending to be babies.  

2 comments:

  1. thanks for visiting and linking to me! I can so relate to what you're going through. Congrats on your upcoming baby! If I can help w anything, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry this is very unrelated. Can I tell you that I am obsessed with owls and your blog is SO CUTE! Also love your family photos. What a gorgeous family!

    ReplyDelete