Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Reset



One thing that Ed and I have talked about before we made this move was that we are going to use this time (hopefully the next 18 mns to 2 yrs) as a reset for our lives.  We live pretty good lives to begin with; meaning that we try to be good honest people, live the gospel and be good parents.  But there is always room for improvement.  We want to use this time to build better habits.  Things like getting up earlier and going to bed earlier (essential for when Olivia starts school this fall), eating better (which is now a need and not a want after I was diagnosed with PCOS--that is another blog post), making sure we have our family scripture study, and so on.

So today I went on my first run.  Okay, maybe not my very first run as I remember one with my friend Julie who practically forced me to run with her for a whole 1/4 mile and I thought I was going to die.  This morning I was up nearly 2 hours before my family and ran 2 miles.  I did end up walking part of it, but it actually felt great.  I definitely need to go running with other people (just like I have to workout with other people) to keep me motivated.  I was too out of breath to participate in the conversation going on around me but like most things this will take time.

I am very happy to have started the first thing on our life reset! 

No comments:

Post a Comment