Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Her first dance shoes

As a child I always wanted to take dance but never had the opportunity. I remember watching different ballets on PBS and trying to memorize some of the moves. I would dance when no one watched (at least I thought so) and pretend that I was a dancer. I still wish that I would have had lessons. I think I could have been pretty good.

Olivia talks all the time of dancing. Last week while she was out running errands with her dad, they were right next to a dance studio. Olivia stopped in the window, with a beaming face and watched the ballerinas.

After making up and copying several dance routines, it was finally time to put her into dance. Today was her first class and did remarkably well for being put into the 4/5 year old class with girls that have been dancing since September. I was so proud seeing my nearly 3 year old doing something that she loves!



9 comments:

  1. She looks adorable. I bet she was so excited. I'm glad you were able to finally put her in. I know she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that's great! I too had always dreamed of taking dance lessons.

    I hope I have a little girl one day and that she is interested in dance. It would be so much fun to watch. Have a blast with her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks absolutely adorable! She's going to have a blast!

    And you should look into adult ballet classes. I think they can be fun, and they are a great way to tone and tighten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful ballerina...she looks like she is on cloud nine...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how beautiful she looks and I bet she danced beautifullt too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So elegant! I think she will do great! It's wonderful that you are starting her early with something she loves.

    ReplyDelete