Thursday, June 11, 2009

What will the baby be?

Why is it that once you think you got a handle on things, life throws you a curve ball!? That has been life for the past few weeks. Busy beyond all reason and thought provoking. I won't go into much detail, except we experienced yet another death. One that was heart-breaking and still is whenever I think of it. Our dear friends lost their sweet girl, Alice age 18 months. I feel for them! I can't imagine how it would be to loose a child and hope to never experience that. It make me grateful to have the gospel in my life. What a blessing it is to know that someday Alice will be reunited with her famiy!

My thoughts have turned a lot to my own blessing, Olivia, and how I can be a better mother to her. I want to know that I do everything I can, everyday for her. I don't want to think at the end of the day that I should have read one more story or sang one more song. I don't want to think that I was rushed and couldn't be bothered to rock her, play with her, kiss her boo-boos, or to snuggle a little longer. With that, I haven't been on the computer much lately. Olivia (and future baby) will ALWAYS be my top priority.

With that said.....

Next Monday is the big day when we get to find out what our baby #2 is. Trust me that I have been sending lots of vibes and pep talks to this little one telling it to cooperate. I know some people love the thrill of waiting until the birth of their child to find out the gender, but one thing you must know about me is that I am not a spontaneous person. I like to plan and try to be as prepared as possible. Plus, I want to start decorating the nursery.

What do you think our baby is going to be? You may be curious to know that this will be my mother's 8th grandchild. So far she only has granddaughters. Everyone says that this will be a boy, but my dreams are always of a little girl. Eduardo's dreams have been of a boy. So what do you think? Please leave a comment or vote on my poll.

4 comments:

  1. I think it will be a boy! Of course, I really have no clue... but little boys really love their mama's! Or so I have seen with my friend's little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are going to have another girl, a little sister for Livvy! Can't wait to find out, you must be SOOOOO excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. being the grandmother of the 7 little girls it would be nice to finally have a grandson but if the new one is another girl I will be just as thrilled...

    ReplyDelete