Sunday, June 21, 2009

Cows on the camping trip!

This past weekend we headed with our ward (church) for a camp out. This was Livy's first camping trip and was super excited to sleep in a tent. Thanks to Signing Time, she learned a lot about the outdoors and animals before we headed up.

(Sometimes I forget that google is messed up and put the pictures in the wrong order, so we are working from the end to start. Sorry, I'm too lazy just now to switch them all around.)

On our second day, we headed to Payson Lakes by our group campsite. The lake was surprisingly beautiful and very cold from spring run-off. Livy was determined to swim until she felt how frigid the water was. I was a little disappointed that she wouldn't be able to play in the water, something that she loves. Fortunately some friends brought a canoe up that she loved just as much.

Livy on the canoe with her dad and friends.



I'm not much on playing in the water. I preferred to sit back and enjoy the beautiful scenery or take a walk around the lake.



At our campsite there was plenty of activities (read as leisure) for us to enjoy. Play time with dad, bubbles with friends, hammock time for me (very relaxing while pregnant!) and good friends to chat with.

Eduardo and Livy playing at our site.

A few pictures from around our campsite.







We all slept, except for me, surprisingly well. I have an issue with sleeping while I camp. I don't try to stay up all night, but my mind gets the better of me. I think or worry about being cold all night or if Livy is warm enough; even down to crazy thoughts of bears in the camp or Livy getting up and wandering off. I usually fall asleep about 4 in the morning and up a few hours later. I need to remember to take some benedryl with me so I can sleep. Livy and Eduardo stayed warm and happy to report no bears. I shouldn't worry so much!

Our little campsite.

Something that I think Livy will remember will be the cows. Yes, cows on our camping trip. The local farmers were herding the cattle from the lower pasture to a higher one. We had the pleasure of being behind this noisy group on our drive up the canyon. Livy found it exciting and honestly I thought the same thing. It was nice to see something that you wouldn't normally see. It was a fun way to start our weekend.


4 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun - we love camping. My kids have a ton of fun and always sleep well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny you got a picture of the cows. Your pictures are so crystal clear. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It always amazes me how big cows really are. We live on an old farm road and one day I was driving and some cows had escaped out of a neighbor's pasture. It was amazing to see how large they are when they are standing right next to your car! I am so glad that you guys had a good time! You took some great pictures. Unfortunately I am not much of a camping girl. We used to go camping when I was a kid in the mountains of North GA and I always ran an extension cord with a fan to my tent. I still showered twice a day but I felt dirty. I love nature, but I like to visit for a daytrip... not overnight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mason loved the sheep we saw last year. If we see sheep at all, he asks to go camping.

    ReplyDelete