Monday, May 11, 2009

Sunshine on my shoulder, makes me happy

I am feeling much better today.  Perhaps it was the pregnancy hormones in overload that totally did me in yesterday!

I love this time of year!  I love that finally the sun is shining, flowers are blooming and I can spend more time outside.  It has seemed that this winter has been never ending with the cold winds, snow and rain.  

With my new found freedom to escape the house, I have been reminded once again that I have extremely fair skin that burns in 2.7 seconds of walking out the front door.  We had some friends over about a week ago. It was fairly early in the morning (not hot out) and the kids were playing in the backyard.  I didn't think anything of it until that evening when I see that Livy and I were burned.  Not just a little pink from the sun, but a full painful sunburn.  So I have had to recommit myself to applying sunblock every morning whether or not we plan to go out.  One more habit to get in for myself and Livy.  

With Livy, I want her to have good habits from an early age.  I wrote a post about this sometime ago.  This is one more thing that I need to add onto her daily routine which I need to get back into the habit of.  I have said that I can't seem to find a balance here in my new house and both of our morning routines seem to still be packed in a box. Hopefully this will rekindle the desire, knowledge and products for us to take better care of ourselves. Especially now!

I don't know about you, but when I am taking the extra time to pamper myself (like get regular haircuts, get eyebrows waxed, etc) I feel better about myself.  I have hit a slump here (probably part of my overall problems at the time) where I can't stay on top of these things.  To make it worse is that I am pregnant (I love that I'm having another baby) but nothing fits right.  I have already made the move to maternity clothes.  I look fat, not pregnant.  My hair's texture has change with this pregnancy which makes it nearly impossible to do anything with.  And my poor skin feels like a teenager with tons of breakouts.  So even though I am going through major changes, it is even more important I get back to the "routines" I made long ago and care for myself.  

Perhaps I will have to share what I have learned from several beauty books on the topic of skin care.  

I have a busy afternoon a head of me with a DUP meeting and my Grandmother's viewing.

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain on the differences of second pregnancy; I cut my hair off, changed my skincare products, and felt frumpy until I was about 7 months along and finally actually looked pregnant instead of misshapen. Good luck getting back into routines. Also don't worry; we've all had our introductory sunburns for the year, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So... there is a little joke among Idaho Farmers about that song and Sunshine... Manure spreading is called.."Spreading Sunshine" so, the John Denver song just adds to the joke that when the manure flips up into the cab and lands on you, it should make you happy. lol! Really, it's just funny that you quoted Johny Boy. lol!!!

    ReplyDelete