Monday, September 29, 2008

Quick house update

I am so beyond stressed out! What comes after stress? Near depression...think I'm about there. Of course no one said selling a house would be fun. In all the houses we have sold/selling (3), I've never had luck in the house department. Each and every time I feel that I am getting screwed over. If my agent happens to read this, yes I feel this way now!

You might ask what has been happening. Well, we have had 3 offers on our house in the past 6 weeks. That is really good except when each one thinks they are getting the deal of the century and will only offer 30k plus below what we are asking. Then they get offended if we try to counter their poor offer. It is my understanding that there are a lot of desperate people out there who have to sell their house for one reason or another. Many of these people will not get a single penny once they sell. I fortunately am not in this boat. I am not forced to sell and the main reason why I am selling is to take the HUGE check with me in the end. That check will mean financial freedom. It means we will be completely debt free with savings and a complete two year supply of food storage. So I am a little hesitant at giving away my hard earned money to an offer that thinks they can purchase the "sun, moon and stars" at one low price. I have news for you....WRONG! You want my house, you have to pay what is fair in today's market. (A few years ago I probably could have gotten 20k more. The house is currently fairly priced.) And I will not include my new washer, dryer, fridge and pay for your down payment and 10k in closing costs. Seriously!

So 3 failed offers. First one couldn't get the loan, second asked 30k under asking and laughed when we countered and the third one wanted us to give her too much. So we have been back to square one, again, for the past week.

Are we making any progress? Yes! If you say 7 showings in one week progress. Three of those showings were on the same day and on Sunday we had a second showing for someone who came through on Saturday.

Do we have offer number four? Don't know.

Besides that, we have 1 1/2 days to have a decent offer or the builder will be selling "our" house to another couple who wants it. The builder "forgot" to take the house off of the mls. We won't be able to close by the end of October on the new house if we don't have an offer by the end of September. This make me feel lousy!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I feel for you. All I can say is, if someone wants your house they will pay what it is worth. Hang in there.

    Just don't pin your hopes on buying one you've already seen. We concentrated on selling ours, then after we'd sold and moved in with MIL, we found a house we wanted (and were in a position to buy). All worked out in the end.

    Well, if you don't count the past two years of doing up the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be gratefull that you don't have to sell like so many others. The right offer will come and maybe you will lose the other house but there are more out there. Hang in there. As for the agent maybe you will have to let him know how disappointed in him you are...he is working for you and you have every right to reject a bad offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry! I know that's frustrating. I guess the common perception is that most people are selling because they are over their heads.

    Hang in there. Even if you don't get the house you want, I'm sure you'll find something better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck...things are just so tight now...Hope all works out and you are in your new house next month...All works out in the end:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally feel for you!!! Selling a house is up there as one of the most stressful things you will do in life but it usually works itself out.
    I should probably introduce myself, my name is Suzanne and I love your blog!!!!! You are so cute and creative!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went through this a year and a half ago and it took us 6 months to sell our home. Eventually it paid off, but it was a long difficult 6 months - I hope your situation goes smoothly from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you want this badly but perhaps there is something better out there or it is a blessing in disguise if you do not sell your home by the end of sept.
    I do hope that you do, but with todays economy, things are so risky.

    ReplyDelete