Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Irritated and every right to be so.

Someday my blog will be more interesting then the happenings of selling my house. I should probably get over it, move on (ha ha) and actually do something more then clean. I did a little more today then the usual. I made homemade Zucchini bread. The aroma has seeped into every pore of my house and it smells delicious.

It has been a hard weekend in the house department. By Friday evening we had received two offers on our house and the bidding war began. I was excited and nervous that in three weeks I would be moving to our new house. I couldn't wait to finally start "living" life again verses pretending to live in my house. (I keep a clean house, but trying to keep a showroom or model home is driving me CrAzY!) I was also dreading having to pack everything but that happens when you sell.

On Saturday we took Eduardo's parents up to house. I think it is great that the builder has given us a key. Can't move in, but we can check out the house whenever we want. We noticed a few major problems (Just remembered that I forgot to call the builder! arg!) like the sprinklers are leaking into the basement. Also, the landscaper must have forgotten to measure correctly because half of my special order sod is missing. He also needs to adjust the sprinklers so they hit everything. Half of the half of my drought tolerant sod is like the desert that surrounds it.

On Monday morning when we should have been finalizing the double offers we find out that one offer has backed out and the other can't get approved for a loan. So we are back to square one and I am irritated with it. I should have known that 1 1/2 weeks on the market, 4 showings and 2 offers later we would still be here. We did have two more showings and hopefully something good comes from that.

Today my thoughts are wondering if and when we will sell, when will I be moving and for which holiday do I get to celebrate there (Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas) and if I leave the house every day will it remain spotless?

On a lighter note, the pictures that I promised from the beautiful model house are not going to happen. Eduardo has not found the cord to release the captive photos and says they shall forever remain on his phone. At least until he deletes them.

10 comments:

  1. Can't your husband email the photos from his phone?

    http://web.me.com/bluestocking_bb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so frustrating! If it makes you feel any better (and it's meant to), my Mom had her house on the market from about April until August and didn't have a single offer. She had tons of showings, but no one bit. Thank goodness she just wants to downsize and is ready to now that my Dad has been gone a few years. She's not desperate and knows that nothing in a 12 block radius sold this summer.

    So, take heart- 4 showings and 2 offers is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it will work out...and soon! Keeping my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately this won't help but it's just a horrible time to sell a house. I know! We tried for 9 months...we are a transfer to another state. So I am in one state and hubby is in another except for weekends. I hope you have better luck.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. House buying and selling are so stressful. I don't think me and my husband slept for a week after we bought our first home. Everything always works out the way it's supposed to, but for me (a not very patient woman) that's usually not what I like to hear. Good luck, I know it's a stressful time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got thinking, I'll be in your neck of the woods tommorow night. Do you and your hubby ever go the the temple square concerts? I'm playing with a flute choir at the assembly hall. From your blog it sounds like you also enjoy classical music.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Nicol :)

    I'm sorry about the house issues. We had an offer too, but after 3 weeks of them thinking about it, it was 30 grand less than our asking price. Our realtor forgot to tell them that we weren't desperate apparently LOL

    I hope your house sells soon :)

    rue

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so not looking forward to this. We are getting our house staged slowly but shurly to get it on the market!! Uh... its so frustrating having to keep in model home condition!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by! It's nice to meet you.

    Hang in there with the house selling. I can relate. It's so frustrating when you're pretending to live in your house. The constant upkeep is exhausting. I do hope it sells soon.

    Kimba

    ReplyDelete
  10. Feel for you! Our first buyers pulled out two weeks before we were due to move because their buyer disappeared, literally! Moving home is sooooo stressful, but it will work out in the end.

    ReplyDelete