Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Finally Teething--Lucy at 9 Months


Lucy has finally cut her first tooth. Unlike the norm, she did not cut a bottom tooth or even a top front. She cut her Upper Right Lateral (the one next to the front tooth). Being a little concerned, I asked her doctor and he said it's not average but perfectly normal. Thank goodness! Although if we were a part of some African tribes, the elders probably when have done away with my sweet girl. It is considered bad luck on the tribe to cut a top tooth first. (I don't remember where I heard this from, possibly National Geographic or something of the likes. I could hardly forget about those poor babies who were not average but perfectly normal!)

With teething comes multiple night wakings (right after we finally got down to once in the night) and being permanently cranky. At times I wish that babies didn't have to teeth. It may look odd, but wouldn't it be easier on everyone, except a nursing mother, if babies were born with all their teeth? Hopefully the next 4 that are trying to make their way to the surface come quickly!


No comments:

Post a Comment