Monday, August 2, 2010

Adventures in Photography: Clouds at Dusk

For a few years I have had a desire to learn photography. While my husband was attending the University, he took a photography class. With it, we purchased a really nice (and expensive) digital SLR camera.

Since it's our only camera, I use it frequently to photograph my children, events and vacations. But I always put it on the auto function and feel lucky to find two great photos out of one hundred. It was time to start learning how to properly use this camera.

Here is my first attempt at bracketing, using a tripod, and turning on the manual functions.










I'm looking at a few photography classes to take to really understand the art of photography!


4 comments:

  1. stunning Nicol! You've clearly got an eye for it. I think you are going to do great things with your new found knowledge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful photography!!! love the colors of the sky.
    thanks for the peek
    kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE had the same idea. It has been spectacular at sunset lately. You got some nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I loved the photography classes that I took. Do the high schools offer the adult education classes in your area? Or does SLCC still do workshops? Can't wait to see your next project!

    ReplyDelete