Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Child's Life Story


While I am pregnant and making lists of what baby items I MUST purchase, a beautiful journal is always on that list.

Long ago I thought it would be wonderful to record my children's earliest events in life. I wanted to remember how they grew, what they accomplished and more importantly that I loved them. I have a fear that if something were to happen to me, that since my children are so young that they would not remember me. If they were to remember or read one thing about me I want it to be that their mother loved them more than they could imagine.

I love being able to sit down a few times a month and record various things. The cute things that Livy is saying for example. She has told me on a few occasions that I look scary like Captain Hook! Or recording special events like Lucy's Blessing this past Sunday.

I love writing. I do not say that I am proficient in it as you can tell from my blog entries, but there is something soothing about writing about life. On especially hard days I find it therapeutic to write. On days when I am struggling, I love looking back on all the wonderful things I have been blessed with. During happy periods it's a joy to record a day's beauty.

My hope is that my children will love to write as well. As with many things in life, I am their example and I hope they see me and appreciate what I do. If not, they will at least have a history of their early life and if they feel so inclined they can read about me and my life story. (I have at least 15 journals from over the years and several typed journals on the computer.)



5 comments:

  1. I made some really nice life books for the kids about their adoption story. But since then, I've been really bad about writing down their achievements. I vowed to write them at least an annual letter (and to their birthmothers), but I still haven't done that this year...so I'm about 6 months behind. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings,

    I have a message for the webmaster/admin here at classyandsophisticated.blogspot.com.

    Can I use part of the information from this post above if I give a backlink back to your site?

    Thanks,
    James

    ReplyDelete
  3. James,

    You may quote a part of my blog post as long as you either credit it to me or link it back to my blog.

    If you could also be so kind to email me the link. classyandsophisticated@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete