Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day at the Farm

One of our local "pretend" farms (I say that since they are more for the kids to enjoy then an actual working farm) is having a discount on Tuesdays this month. I thought that it would be fun to take Livy to see the animals.


You see, when I became a full stay-at-home-mom, I was determined that once a month I would take Livy out to a museum, the zoo or some other child friendly place. My intentions were good, but when I became severely ill and then became pregnant I forgot all about it. In making up for my slacking, the farm would be great.



A friend and I loaded up our kids and headed to the farm. But after sitting on the off-ramp for nearly 10 minutes (a ramp primarily used for this location) I figured it was going to be crowded, no parking, and too many out of control kids. We made a quick decision and headed back to the freeway to head to a different farm. With plenty of parking and very few people, I knew that this was a good idea.



Until I thought I was going to pass out from the heat. I don't do well in the heat when I'm normal and I'm even worse when I'm pregnant. I have made a mental note that the farm should be saved for Spring or Fall.



Livy on the other hand, had a fantastic time. In fact, every morning since she comes in and asks to go to the farm.


3 comments: