Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Alpine Loop

Right now is the perfect time to see the fall foliage in the Wasatch Mountains. (A branch of the Rocky Mountains) Disappointed with heavy rains on Saturday and expecting the same for Sunday, we were pleasantly surprised with beautiful weather to take a drive through the Alpine Loop. Alpine Loop starts in the American Fork Canyon through the Uinta National Forest to Provo Canyon and let me say here, everything was gorgeous!


The trees were at their peak. It almost seemed fake with the deep green evergreens peaking up through the foliage.

Livy out collecting rocks on our autumn walk. This was a road leading to a campground now closed for the winter. It was peaceful (just us) and so many colors.


Fresh snow on the peak from Saturday. It made a beautiful combination.
Finding leaves!


We put an offer on a different house this weekend and if we get it, it is about a 2 minute drive to see this!

Have you gone out to see the leaves yet?

7 comments:

  1. oooooh, I am so so jealous! I used to live in Alpine and I miss it oh so badly. It's like reliving it all over again. Thank you for the wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is great! A different house eh? Is it better than the other home you wanted? Any new offers on your home now? Lets have an update! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So details, details. What does this new house look like?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is simply beautiful...I would love to be 2 minutes away from that.

    Good luck with the house...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss that so much, we don't have seasons here in AZ :(. That was my favorite part about living in Utah, the maple trees are my favorite. I don't miss the snow though, it does look pretty in the picture.
    Good luck with your house, what a beautiful area to live in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Spring and Fall are my favorite seasons, oh and I love Livy's outfit it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete