Saturday, August 27, 2011

My Colonial Beauties


Today was our first meeting of the new year with C.A.R. (Children of the American Revolution)

The children did a program on 9/11.  It was difficult not going into too much detail for such young crowd. There were some wonderful children's book that talked about it.  One that I loved was called, "14 Cows for America."  This book tells the true story of one man who traveled back to his home country (the Maasai Village in Africa) the June following that horrific September morning. The cows are very important in their society.  The village wanted to give something special to America to help it heal so they gave 14 cows.

My girls don't have to dress up to attend C.A.R. but I found a lady online who sews historic costumes and such.  I thought it would be fun for them to dress up.  Olivia says that it is her "Felicity" dress.  (Olivia LOVES Felicity, it's too bad it's been retired!) 

2 comments:

  1. I see you have changed your bloglayout to fall colors, too! I like it!

    ReplyDelete