Sunday, May 23, 2010

Two Days of Firsts

My husband recently returned from a three week business trip. Oh how I hate being a single mother for that length of time, but I'm grateful that he has a great job that allows me to be home. When he returns we always have a few days to spend together, this time was no exception.

On Friday we headed to our local pool for some swimming. Lucy enjoyed her first time!





Saturday we took Lucy on her first train ride and headed up to Ogden. Like any trip long or short, it always means at least one child falling asleep on the way. It doesn't help we live out in the country where everything is a small trip. Ed couldn't help taking this picture of Livy.


The point of this outing was to take the girls on the train. Both we restless and half way through I was ready to turn around and go home. Thankfully, it got better as the evening progressed.


After dinner we walked around and headed to the temple grounds. I can't believe how something as simple as this make Livy so happy.



In the gardens there is this statue. Livy said it was grandma. :) (No mom, you look nothing like that.) Isn't that sweet!


Considering it is the end of May and we should be experiencing weather in the high 70s, we were all cold. Poor Lucy, I wish I had taken an extra blanket with us. She ended up wrapped in my nursing cover.


Of course, a trip to Ogden means a stop at Farr's Ice Cream. Yes, even though it was freezing outside. That's why we took it to the warm train to eat!


Looking out the window at the passing lights.


We have two more family days planned before Ed returns to work. I am so grateful that my girls have a daddy who loves to spend time with them.

2 comments:

  1. What great activities you had as a family! The pictures of the girls were so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a good time and I think it was sweet of Livy to think of me...maybe it was the cat on the lap...

    ReplyDelete