Thursday, November 19, 2009

Doing What I'm Good at!

As I sat for a small break from children, Lucy down for a nap and Livy watching a movie, I was determined that I would accomplish something. That's the hardest thing with a newborn is the lack of time (or desire some days because you are too tired) is not being able to work on projects.

With our annual family pictures in a few weeks, I wanted for once to have bows for the girls to wear. Too many times, while taking pictures, I find myself wishing that I would have thought about making bows.

I made two burgundy velvet bows to match the girl's Christmas dresses, a white one for Lucy's Blessing, and a princess one for Livy that I've been putting off for months.

A few of the LARGE bows that I have made this year. I have plans for several more!

Lucy with her new bow!

Livy with her new princess bow. (It has Cinderella, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty on the ribbon.)

6 comments:

  1. They are so cute; the bows and the babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuteness! That is one of the hardest things with babies, I think.... is finding the time to actually get something done that doesn't involve picking up toys, washing clothes or cleaning the house. lol!! My sewing pile is HUGE with projects, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your girls are so cute!

    Nice job on the bows :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! That blessing bow is the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't know me, but I really enjoy reading your blog. Your bows are really cute. I actually work at a ribbon store and since working there, I have learned how to make bows myself. I love making them! I can't wait till I have kids to put them on :) Anyways, if you are interested in taking a look, our website is theribbonretreat.com.

    ReplyDelete